We are hosting Cleveland’s only indoor rowing competition on February 21, 2016 on our campus in downtown Cleveland.
Please find all the most recent details at our regattacentral event page >>
We are a club sport at CSU that competes at the varsity level. No experience necessary to join. The desire to compete and be a part of a team is. We travel out of state together on weekends during regatta season. We work hard together, get strong together and win together as a crew.
CSU Rowing stands for a winning attitude, strong desire to succeed, and self-confidence of enduring achievement. We want you to join us, try it out, and see how much you like it.
Read more about the team on our About Rowing section.
We are always looking for CSU students to join the team as rowers and coxswains (rowers row; coxswains don’t row, but they steer, direct, and support the boats/rowers during practices and races).
No Experience Necessary!
|Spring 2017 Event/Regatta Schedule|
|Jan. 17||Winter Conditioning Begins, 5:45AM-7:15AM Mon-Fri *No Wednesdays||CRF Boathouse|
|Feb. 05||Hammer Ergatta||JCU Varsity Gym|
|Mar. 10 - 17||Spring Training||TBD|
|Mar. 25||Home Schools Regatta||Cleveland Rowing Foundation, Cleveland, OH|
|Apr. 22||RedHawk Sprints||Oxford, OH|
|May 12 (TBD)||Dad Vail Regatta||Philadelphia, PA|
Reasons To Join
- You will make interesting friends and travel with them
- Group Fitness – You’ll workout harder and won’t miss a day if your do it with others
- Its something new, healthy, interesting, exciting and fun!
- No experience is necessary and you can walk on unlike varsity sports
- We compete against schools that CSU’s varsity sports compete against: all ohio college rowing clubs, OSU, MSU,GVSU,Mercyhurst, etc… In the past we’ve even competed against Ivy League teams.
- Pride – We represent Cleveland State University at regional competitions against universities from all over North America.
- Dedication – We practice five times a week or more throughout the whole school year.
- Teamwork – Rowing creates synergy and demands support from all members.
- Tradition – We apply what we learn on the water to our everyday lives.
The team is open to all full-time Cleveland State University students. Previous experience is not required; open mindedness and application of our team values is!